Deferred annuity


Q. I resigned from the Postal Service in August 2005. My start date was Jan. 15, 1975. My pension was placed into a deferred annuity. I understand this annuity is maintained somewhere in Pennsylvania. Can you tell me the address of this place? Will I be able to draw my pension at the age of 60 or 62?

A. If you didn’t take a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, you’d be entitled to a deferred annuity at age 60. To apply for that benefit, go to, click on Forms and download a copy of Standard Form 2801. Fill it out and sent it to OPM, Retirement Services and Management Group, P.O. Box 45, Boyers, PA 16017-0045.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply