Special retirement supplement eligibility


Q. I’m a Postal Service employee with 25 years at age 45. If an early-out is offered and I accept, do I get the special retirement supplement at my minimum retirement age, 57?

A. Yes, you would receive the special retirement supplement when you reached your MRA, which, if you were born in 1967, would be 56 years and six months.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply