Obtaining deferred annuity


Q. I resigned from the Postal Service in August 2005. My start date was Jan. 15, 1975. My pension was placed in a deferred annuity. I understand this annuity is maintained in Pennsylvania.

Could I obtain the address of this place, and will I be able to draw my pension at 60 or 62?

A. A few months before you reach 62, complete OPM Form 1496A, Application for Deferred Retirement. Civil Service Retirement System, and send it to the address on the form. The form is at www.opm.gov; click on Forms.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply