VERA or VSIP eligibility?


Q. I am a FERS employee with four years of service (permanent) and have met my minimum retirement age.  I work for the Army. I will not be eligible for full retirement for another year when I have five years of service.  Am I eligible for a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority/Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay?

A. Yes, for a VSIP. No, for VERA.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply