Medicare Part B


Q. I am a retired federal employee under CSRS. I am also retired from the Air Force and I am eligible for Tricare. I am enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits plan. Do I need to also enroll in Medicare Part B?

A. To enroll in Tricare, you have to be enrolled in Medicare parts A and B. If you enroll in Tricare, you could suspend your FEHB coverage.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply