Length of annuity for CSRS retirees


Q. Please help me find an official statement showing federal CSRS retirees draw a retirement annuity for life.

A. Simply email retire@opm.gov or call customer service at 1-888-767-6738 and request a “proof of annuity.”  It takes Office of Personnel Management representatives under 30 seconds to produce the document and automatically mail it to your address on file. You can also visit https://www.servicesonline.opm.gov/(rhvpgzjinpohks45hm1b1532)/Default.aspx and view/print your annuity information.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply