Q. I turn 65 on Oct. 28. I had 35 years at the Postal Service, and my plans are to keep my National Association of Letter Carriers insurance and turn down Medicare Part B and of course use my Part A. I understand I will have to pay a penalty of 10 percent for each year I don’t enroll in Part B. Whom do I contact to do this?

A. Go to


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply