FERCCA appeal


Q. I’m under CSRS for 37 years and just found out that I should have been placed in CSRS Offset in November 1998. Is it worth it to appeal the Office of Personnel Management’s decision to place me in CSRS Offset? Or should I accept that there is nothing I can do and let it go?

A. If the facts show that you should have been placed in CSRS Offset, there isn’t any basis for an appeal. You can only contest such a decision if a mistake has been made.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply