Stopping my BC/BS deduction


Q. I am a FERS retiree using Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Tricare. I will be eligible for and switching to Medicare (A/B) in September. I can’t figure out how to let the Office of Personnel Management know of my life event change in order to stop my BC/BS payroll deduction.

A. Go to, fill out the form and send it to OPM.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply