Survivor annuity


Q. I am a federal employee with 30 years of service under CSRS. If I die while still working, can my husband still receive survivor and health benefits?

A. He would automatically be entitled to a survivor benefit. He would only be able to continue health benefits coverage if you were enrolled in the self and family option of your plan when you died.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply