Position change


Q. I have been performing the duties of a GS-0081-09 Supervisory Fire Fighter for eight months. I am a GS-0081-08 Lead Fire Fighter. My department just posted a GS-0081-09 Lead Fire Fighter position. How do I get upgraded to the position? I am also a 30 percent or more disabled vet.

A. You’ll have to apply for the job, just like everyone else who’s interested.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply