Updated SF-50


Q. Whom do I contact for an updated SF-50? I retired four months ago at the age of 56 with my pension deferred until I turn 62. I would like to apply for another federal position and know I need to submit that form.

A. You should have received an SF-50 separating you from your agency. If you didn’t, you’ll have to start by going back to your former personnel office and requesting one. If they are unable to provide one, they can direct you to the place they sent your records.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply