Special retirement supplement vs. military retired pay


Q. Will the Office of Personnel Management take away my supplemental annuity (pay until 62) when I start to draw my Guard pay (at 60)?

A. No. The special retirement supplement can only be reduced or suspended if you have earnings from wages or self-employment, not other kinds of income.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply