Annuity computation


Q. I have 11 years as an 1811 and am considering moving into a noncovered position. I know I will ultimately have to do 30 years, but how will my 11 years as an 1811 (6c covered) be calculated at that 30-year mark? Will the first 11 years be counted at 1.7 percent and the remaining 19 years a 1 percent per year?

A. No, they won’t.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply