Re-employment after retirement


Q. I am a very healthy 67-year old individual. I retired under FERS with 22 years of federal service in January. I did not plan my retirement well and I am now suffering the consequences. Is it possible to return to work for the federal government as a civil servant?

A. Yes, however, as a rule, your salary would be offset by the amount of your annuity.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply