Earnings test


Q. In 2012, at age 52, I retired from federal law enforcement with nearly 28 years of creditable service, and began to draw my pension and special retirement supplement. At what age does the earnings test begin for the purpose of reducing my SRS (I was born in June 1960)?

A. The earning test applies when you reach your minimum retirement age, which, in your case, is 56.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply