Special retirement supplement eligibility


Q. I am a career employee with the Postal Service. I have 24 years and am 59+ years old. Can I qualify for the special retirement supplement before I reach 62 years of age?

A. The special retirement supplement is only payable to employees who retire on an immediate unreduced annuity. Because you already have at least 20 years of service, you could do that at age 60. If you retired before that under the MRA+10 provision, you wouldn’t be eligible for the SRS.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply