Canceling survivor annuity payments


Q. My father-in-law had worked for the Postal Service and is deceased. My mother-in-law passed away recently and was receiving some payments from the Postal Service based on his service. Who do we contact to cancel these payments?

A. Her survivor annuity was paid by the Office of Personnel Management. Call their Retirement Services Office at 888-767-6738 or 724-794-2005 to report her death.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply