VSIP and special retirement supplement


Q. I am a 55-year-old engineer in the Federal Aviation Administration and offered the Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay. Does the $25,000 VSIP payment negate the special retirement supplement when I reach my minimum retirement age (next year)? Or would I still get that when I turn 56 (my MRA)?

A. You’d still get the special retirement supplement.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply