Annuity eligibility


Q. My husband worked in real estate for the post office for approximately five years and cannot remember if he pulled his retirement money out when he resigned or left it in. How can he find out if he is eligible for a federal pension?

A. Have him write OPM, Retirement Services and Management Group, P.O. Box 45, Boyers, PA 16017-0045. With his request for information, have him include his full name, date of birth, Social Security number, where he worked and approximately when.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply