Refund of retirement deductions


Q. If I leave federal service without retiring, is that money returned to me? I currently have seven years of active federal service.

A. It’s returned to you if you ask for it. Just fill out a copy of Standard Form 2802, Application for Refund of Retirement Deductions, available at, click on Forms.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply