Survivor annuity


Q. I am refinancing my house and the mortgage company wants documentation of annuity and how long I will receive it. My husband passed away and was a postal worker. I need to know where I obtain this.

A. You are entitled to a survivor annuity for the rest of your life. If your husband was covered by CSRS, see 5 U.S. Code 8341; if FERS, 5 U.S. Code Chapter 84, Subchapter IV.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply