Indefinite suspension


Q. I am a FERS civilian employee with 27 years combined military/civilian service. I was placed on indefinite suspension. I waived my right to appeal. I have no intention of returning to federal service, and I would like to know if I can request (and be granted) removal from federal service? Do I have options for separation other than to await the disposition of the matter that caused the suspension?

A. You can resign any time you want to. No one can bar you from doing that.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply