Disabled child survivor annuity


Q. I will be applying for a disabled child survivor annuity. I would like to know all of the documentation required that I need to submit to the Office of Personnel Management. I know two of them are death certificates and Social Security Administration award letters.

A. If the federal employee whose child this is has died, you need to call OPM’s Retirement Information Office at 888-767-6738 or 724-794-2005 and report that. At the same time, you can ask how to apply for the disabled child annuity benefit.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply