Q. I was recently told that I am a Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Corrections Act case. I may have been inadvertently placed in CSRS Offset when I transferred from an independent federal agency in 1988. I elected CSRS Offset coverage at that time and have been coded that way ever since. Now that I have about 500 days until I am eligible for full retirement, they mention FERCCA. What have you seen as possible outcomes for this scenario?

A. To see what the possible outcomes might be, go to www.opm.gov/retirement-services/benefits-officers-center/aids/#url=FERCCA.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply