Annuity computation of rehired annuitant


Q. I retired from the Veterans Affairs Department in 2001 after 23 years of service. I joined as a rehired annuitant in 2006. My annuity was deducted from my salary. I am thinking of retiring again in 2014. I will have eight years of additional service. I know I can request a recomputation of my total annuity. Can I keep my original annuity and opt for supplemental annuity for the eight years of additional service?

A. Yes. When you retire again, OPM will send you a letter outlining your options.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply