Q. Whom do I talk to about resigning, and how long does it take to get your lump-sum payment from accrued leave after resigning?

A. First, tell your supervisor what you plan to do. Then go to your personnel office and complete the necessary paperwork. Then go to your payroll office. They are only ones that can tell you how long it will take before you receive your lump-sum payment for unused annual leave.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply