Special retirement supplement


Q. I am receiving the special retirement supplement and I turn 62 on March 16. I have applied for Social Security and will receive benefits starting in April. Will I receive a supplemental annuity through March? If not, when can I expect to lose it?

A. You’d be entitled to receive the special retirement annuity through the last of the month in which you become age 62.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply