Social Security + annuity


Q. I am a federal employee under FERS. In 2011, I retired from federal service from the House of Representatives. I returned to federal service one month later. Because my retirement package was already computed, my income is split equally between my retirement annuity and my pay from the House of Representatives. The deposits are listed as US Treasury Civ Serv for my annuity and US House of R for my regular monthly salary. I turned 66 in November; thus I’m eligible for full Social Security retirement if I choose to draw it. I would like to continue working. Will I be able to receive full Social Security retirement with no offset to my annuity or monthly salary?

A. Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply