Legislative branch service


Q. I’m under CSRS. If I started my government service in the legislative branch (15 years and three months), and then went to the executive branch for the next 16 years, can I carry my 2.5 percent annual into the 16 years of the executive branch service, or do I start at 1.5 percent the day I began with the executive branch?

A. Your years of service in the legislative branch would be computed using the higher percentage.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply