WEP adjustment


Q. My pension was offset at my 62nd birthday. I have not applied for Social Security yet. I asked if the offset amount at 62 was considered WEP as my Social Security dollar entitlement is minimal. The annual Social Security estimate they sent me in January does not include any WEP adjustment.

A. The reduction won’t occur until you apply for a Social Security benefit.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply