Voluntary Early Retirement


Q. I was terminated after 25 years of service. I am only 49 years old but wanted to see if they would offer me Voluntary Early Retirement as an option?

A. Because you have at least 25 years of creditable service, you are eligible for discontinued service retirement. For more information about that and what you’d need to do to apply for it, go to www.opm.gov/retirement-services/publications-forms/csrsfers-handbook/c044.pdf.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply