OWCP and disability retirement


Q. If you opted to received FERS disability retirement instead of Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs and later decided to switch, and the Department of Labor said you can work ,are you able to go back and get your FERS disability with no questions asked?

A. No. To see the reasons why your disability annuity might be canceled, go to https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/publications-forms/csrsfers-handbook/c102.pdf?nocache=1 and scroll to Section102A.1-2.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply