Personnel records


Q. I’m a civilian employee and preparing to retire. My SF50 shows that I worked part time, 20 hours a pay period earlier in my career but was given 36 hours each pay period to work; however, I can’t prove I worked those hours because those leave and earnings statements are missing. How does one get copies of lost leave and earnings statements?

A. You can get the information you need from the National Personnel Records Center. Go to, click on Civilian Personnel Records and follow the directions at that site.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply