Involuntary separation and retirement


Q. If I am involuntarily separated because of my performance with a SCD date of 9/22/90 at the age of 62, will I be able to retire?

A. Yes. That’s because any federal employee who is at least 62 years old and has at least five years of creditable service can retire and receive an annuity.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply