Browsing: Postponed retirement

Q. I’m in the MRA+10 category. If I leave government and apply for a postponed annuity, when can I enroll in FEHB? And, if so, would it be only after receiving an annuity or only during Open Season? A. When you apply for your postponed annuity, let OPM know that you want to re-enroll in the FEHB program. Then when you annuity begins. so will your FEHB coverage.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;} Q. My wife just turned 57 and has a little more than 23 years of service. Her MRA is 56. I believe if she takes a postponed versus a deferred retirement, she will be eligible to get her full retirement annuity when she turns 60. What form should be filled out for a postponed retirement? I only see one for a deferred retirement. Normal 0 false false false EN-US…

Q. Do I have any options for early retirement that will allow me to keep Federal Employees Health Benefits if I retire at age 52-55 with 20-23 years of service with a minimum retirement age of 57? I know I can take postponed, but then I lose FEHB. So I was wondering if there was any other way.

Q. I intend to retire from government civilian service at age 60 under MRA + 10. At the time of my retirement, I will have 15 years of service. Accordingly, as I understand it, I will be eligible to defer or postpone my retirement annuity until age 62, thereby bypassing the age reduction penalty. Would I lose any of my accumulated sick hours (currently 1,200 hours) under either the deferred or postponed retirement programs?

Q. I plan on separating from the government Jan. 10, 2015, at 56 years, six months and nine days old and postpone getting my annuity until June or July 2018, when I will be 60 years old. My service computation date is May 6, 1990. To accomplish this, my understanding was to submit an SF-52 with Section E filled out to resign and then, approximately 90 days before I wanted my annuity to start, submit a RI92-19 to apply. But I keep reading where I can retire under MRA+10 on a regular retirement form, and there is a way to…

1 2 3 4