Browsing: VSIP

 Q. Due to reaching my mandatory removal date while on an Active Guard Reserve tour, I did not have the necessary active-duty time of 20 years to earn a full Army retirement. I was eligible for Army Separation Pay, which I received in 1998. Upon reaching age 60 in 2008, I began to pay back the separation pay so that I would be eligible for Army retirement pay. I have been an Army Civil Service employee since March 2004 and my organization has offered a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority/Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay. Am I eligible for it?

Q. I am a retired civil servant with Defense Department. I served for more than 28 years. I retired in June 2012 under FERS with a Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay. I am considering re-employment with DoD. 1. Will I be given credit for my 28 years of service? 2. Will I be able to contribute to FERS and the Thrift Savings Plan again? 3. Will I receive eight hours of annual leave again? 4. Will I be protected from a reduction in force because I am receiving an annuity? 5. Is it best to cancel my annuity if I return…

Q. I am considering requesting a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority/Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay and being off the rolls by March 31. My service computation date is Feb. 28, 1982 (CSRS and FERS). On Feb. 28, 2014, I will have 32 years of combined service (CSRS and FERS). On April 11, 2014, I will be 58 years old. I transferred to FERS on March 30, 1994. Therefore, I will have 20 years under FERS on March 30, 2014. I previously withdrew all of my retirement funds from CSRS, and never paid them back. I understand that although I did not repay…

Q. I am a Defense Department FERS civilian with 22 years of government service, age 58. My organization is offering a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority/Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay. 1.  Will I be eligible for the special retirement supplement until age 62? 2.  Will my retirement pay be reduced for every year under the age of 62?

Q. I am a CSRS Offset employee with 30 years of service at age 55. If a Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay is offered and I’m accepted, can I use that money to buy back time — first year of federal service and two years of term employment in middle of my career (FICA-covered only) — to use toward my pension? I understand the years only paid to FICA apply to my total number of years but not toward my pension benefit.

1 3 4 5 6 7 22