Browsing: basic retirement

Q. Can I withdraw my basic retirement after working for the Federal Bureau of Prisons for five years (July 2002 until August 2007)? I resigned in August 2007. A. Yes, you can get a refund of your retirement contributions. You have to fill out a copy of Standard Form 3106, Application for Refund of Retirement Deductions, and send it to the address on the form. To download a copy of the 3106, go to and click on Find Form(s).