Browsing: retirement contribution

Q. I maxed out. Where do I go to find out how much is in my after maxing out account? A. If you are referring to retirement deductions that were taken from your pay after having worked for 41 years and 11 months, the only way I know to find that out would be to subtract the retirement contributions figure on the pay slip you received when you hit that level of service from your most recent pay slip.

Q: With the impending increase to our Federal Employees Retirement System contributions, can anyone opt out of FERS? A: There isn’t an impending increase in FERS contributions, only proposals. Whether anyone would be able to opt out if such a change were made would depend on the wording in the law. However, such a provision would be highly unlikely.