Browsing: transferable

Q. I am joining the Air Force this summer after four years of Defense Department civil service. Will I be able to take a lump-sum payment for my accumulated annual leave, or will I have to allow my annual leave to roll over to my new Air Force position? A. Your annual leave isn’t transferable. Assuming that you are separating from the civilian government, you’ll receive a lump sum payment for your unused annual leave.

Q: I was a government employee for just over three years (2000-2003) and had accumulated a considerable amount of sick leave during that period. After five years in the private sector, I am now back with the government. Did I forfeit all of the sick leave that I had on the books when I separated in 2003, or is that sick leave transferable to my current balance? A: Your previous unused sick leave balance should be recredited to you. — Reg Jones