Working full time


Q. I retired in 1999 under an early-out program and want to return to work full time. How will my current retirement payment be affected?

A. As a rule, the salary of your new position would be reduced by the amount of your annuity. For example, if your annuity was $25,000 and the salary of your new position was $75,000, you would only be paid $50,000 ($75,000-$25,000).


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply