Military service and reduction-in-force


Q: Is a reserve-component retired military person considered a nonveteran the same as an active-duty retired military person in a reduction-in-force?

A: To find out how your service in the armed forces would be credited during a reduction-in-force, read the Office of Personnel Management’s VetGuide, located online here.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply