CSRS retirement


Q: I have worked for civil service for 29 1/2 years. The command I work for is being affected by BRAC and I turned down my transfer of function to retire. I asked to stay until I fulfill my 30 years of service and it was approved. They now want to move me into a term position so they can recruit against my position. Do you still receive creditable service toward your CSRS under a term appointment?

A: Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply