No crossover from city government service


Q: I spent almost 11 years as a New York City police officer. I then became and am still an FBI special agent (1811). My question is, can my NYC government service time count toward my federal service time?

A: No, your city government service can’t be combined with your federal government service.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply