Q: My permanent position in the states is a GS-12. If I deploy overseas for a GS-13, is that considered in calculating my high-3?

A: If your basic pay overseas is greater and it falls within your highest 36 consecutive months of average basic pay, it will be included in your high-3.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply