Military retired pay


Q: Is it possible to buy back only a portion of military service and not have to waive military retired pay.  I have 21 years active duty and receive military retired pay. I also work for the federal government. In order to have my military service count toward civil service retirement, leave, etc., I would have to buy back all my military time plus waive my military retirement pay (some benefit …). Is it possible to buy back 10 years of military service and keep my military retired pay?

A: No, it isn’t possible.


About Author

Leave A Reply