Credit hours


Q: When a federal employee retires and has “Credit Hours Earned” (CD) that have not been used on the books, will they be paid in the same manner as for unused annual leave?

A: You would receive a lump-sum payment for a maximum of 24 unused credit hours at your current rate of basic pay.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply