Refigure annuity retirement


Q: I have been receiving an annuity retirement since 1996. Since that time I have been working seasonal for the BLM and the forest service. I have accrued 17,154 hours. I would like to refigure my retirement at this time. How do I do this? I have been attempting to reach the Retirement Operations Center on their number (888-767-6738) for three days, and get a busy signal constantly. Is there another way?

A: Even if you had reached the Retirement Operations Center, they wouldn’t have been able to help you. You may only have your annuity redetermined when you separate from your current employment. And you must do that through your employing agency, which will then forward the paperwork to OPM.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply