Locality pay


Q: I live in Hawaii where the phase-in for locality pay is taking place. If I leave for one year (for 2011), return and retire on Dec. 31, 2012, can I still buy in to year 2010 for my high-3 computation as part of the buy-in program for anyone retiring by Dec. 31, 2012?

A: Only your agency can answer that, with the help of OPM if they are uncertain.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply