Deduction from annuity


Q: I am a retired federal employee and receive an annuity. I pay for my Medicare Part B quarterly. I would like to have this cost deducted monthly from my annuity. Is there a form to do this? If so, where can I get this form?

A: According to OPM, if you aren’t receiving Social Security benefits, you can have Medicare premiums withheld from your annuity payments. To do this, OPM must receive a request for the withholding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. They cannot withhold premiums based on your direct request or even one from the Social Security Administration.



About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply